Reliable Pest Control In Malvern, AR
Formerly a railroad town in the foothills of the Ouachita Mountains, Malvern is the county seat of Hot Springs County. This city experiences a distinctive summer tourist season, as visitors from around the world travel to the nearby Hot Springs Federal Reserve. Almost 11,000 people strong, Malvern has garnered the nickname "Brick Capital of the World" for its impressive clay production and local factories. When not visiting one of Malvern's more historic areas, visitors can travel to Ouachita River or Siloam Springs for some fun on the water.
Although tourists are the most easily recognized visitors in Malvern, there is another group of settlers that are far more unwelcome — pests. Animals like fleas, rats, and mice threaten to overwhelm the city during the busy summer months and keep home and business owners from doing what they love.
That's why hundreds of Malvern locals trust the team at Advanced Pest Control to keep them safe. With more than three decades of experience in the industry, we have all the skills necessary to keep you safe, secure, and completely pest-free. Don't just take our word for it. See us in action by calling for an initial pest inspection.
Home Pest Control In Malvern, AR
From historic homes to new developments, the residential property owners of Malvern are deeply concerned about the effects of pests on their homes. Termites and carpenter areas are wood-loving pests that make can short work of your structure. Rodents like rats and mice quickly infiltrate and contaminate food and water stores. Even worse, occasional invaders like centipedes, spiders, and earwigs make your property an uncomfortable place to be.
The custom-built residential pest control plans of Advanced Pest Control take a holistic approach to pest protection. We make it easy to access a representative at your convenience, sending out technicians for same-day or emergency services. If there's a problem that we need to address, Advanced Pest Control will have it done as soon as possible.
Reach out to us today to learn more about our home pest control services in Malvern, AR.
Commercial Pest Control In Malvern, AR
Businesses in Malvern have been struggling with pest populations since the city's official ratification. Sometimes threatening or even dangerous, unwanted vermin can deeply hurt your business. From property damage to failed state inspections, pests are a risk that you should never gamble with.
Advanced Pest Control is one of Malvern's most trusted commercial pest control experts, using top-of-the-line products proven to act fast. Our ability to serve your property well stems from conviction in our plan and excellence in our service. To see how Advanced Pest Control can protect your commercial property in Malvern from pests, submit an online contact form right away.
Three Things You Can Do To Keep Fleas Out Of Your Malvern, AR Home
Although we may not see them, the fleas in Malvern are some of the most frustrating pests around. These insects affect far more than just cats and dogs. In fact, heavy flea infestations can lead to the spread of diseases, itching, hair loss, and even secondary infections from scratching. Although they may not seem like extremely dangerous creatures, it's best to nip any growing flea infestation in the bud.
Here are three things you can do to keep fleas well away from your Malvern home:
- Properly treat your indoor and outdoor pets against fleas. Options may include collars, ointments, sprays, dusts, or oral medications.
- Wash pet beds, clothing, and fabric toys frequently. If any of these items appear to have outlived their usefulness, wrap them tightly in plastic and throw them away.
- Continuously mop, sweep, and vacuum your home to prevent fleas from bedding down in your rugs.
If you think flea populations are already evident in your Malvern home, it's time to take drastic action. Call Advanced Pest Control at the first sign of an infestation.
Rodent Warning Signs In Malvern, AR
Norway rats, house mice, roof rats, and field mice are the four most common rodent species in the Malvern area. Rats are much larger than their mouse cousins, reaching over a foot in size. Mice are only three to four inches in total, with fuzzy tails and large ears to match.
Although there may be differences, many rodent warning signs are similar between species. Here are a few of the most common:
- Oily or greasy stains along the baseboards of the home
- Small rodent droppings scattered in small clusters (pointed or blunt ends)
- Gnaw marks on wood, plastic, or drywall
Rodents are dangerous pests that you need to take seriously. For comprehensive rodent protection services in Malvern, call the team at Advanced Pest Control to set up an inspection.
A Practical Ant Prevention Guide For The Malvern Homeowner
Ants are one of the most common home-invading pests in Arkansas, and Malvern is no exception. Whether they are nesting in your kitchen or on your lawn, ants have the potential to contaminate food, spread disease, and damage property. Keep ants off of your Malvern property with the following steps.
- Limit food sources. Ants are drawn to food, whether it’s leftovers on your counter, scraps inside your trash, or crumbs on the floor. Minimize this attraction by storing food in covered containers, installing tight-fitting lids on indoor and outdoor trash, sweeping, mopping, and cleaning dishes and countertops.
- Eliminate excess water. Moisture is another big draw for ants. Limit their access by fixing leaky plumbing, ensuring drainage is working correctly, and using dehumidifiers in damp areas.
- Minimize entry points. Ants can only invade if they can find a way inside. Seal off entry points by caulking gaps in exterior walls and foundations, installing weather stripping and door sweeps, and repairing torn screens.
- Invest in quality pest control. The very best way to avoid ants in Malvern is with services from expert pest control professionals.
For help eliminating or preventing ants and other pests, call Advanced Pest Control today.
Most Common Cockroaches Found In Malvern
Cockroaches are another dreaded pest in Malvern - and there is no shortage of different types. The most common area cockroaches include:
- American Cockroaches: The largest local cockroach at over two inches in length, American cockroaches are reddish-brown with a yellow figure-eight pattern on the back of their heads. These roaches have wings and can fly short distances.
- Oriental Cockroaches: Also called black beetle cockroaches for their shiny black bodies. These roaches grow to an inch in length and are unable to fly.
- German Cockroaches: The most common home-invading roach, German cockroaches are light brown to tan in color. They are smaller at around a half-inch in length, and while they have wings, they rarely fly.
- Brown-Banded Cockroaches: These roaches get their name from the two light bands across their brown bodies. They are about the same size as German cockroaches. The males are larger in color and can fly, while the females are darker and have underdeveloped wings that don’t allow for flight.
If you need help with cockroaches around your Malvern home, contact the experts at Advanced Pest Control.
How to Protect Your Malvern Home From Spiders
If you have spiders in your Malvern home, it can be very frustrating to deal with them. Spiders are impervious to most pest control solutions, especially those you can buy in the store. Also, there are a few spiders in the Malvern area that can threaten your family’s health. The rest of the spiders, even though they can’t transfer their venom to humans, can be alarming houseguests and make unsightly webs within your home.
Spiders will only show up on your property if they feel like it is a fertile hunting ground for their pest prey. That’s why protecting your Malvern home from spiders involves proper pest control methods, including:
- Cleaning regularly to avoid loose crumbs
- Storing food and trash properly
- Maintaining the lawn regularly
- Keeping the low-traffic areas of the home clutter-free
- Controlling moisture issues on the property
- Partnering with an Advanced Pest Control residential technician
Instead of putting your home and family at risk of pest problems and spider invasions, make the decision that so many other satisfied customers in the Malvern area have made. We have some of the most effective pest control solutions in the industry, accompanied by experienced pest technicians. Give us a call today to get your free estimate on our spider control solutions.
Seven Signs Of Termites To Watch For Around Your Malvern Property
Termites are wood-eating pests that will invade your home in search of moisture-damaged wood. They will chew on your home’s foundation 24 hours a day, seven days a week, but they can exist within your home for years without being noticed. Unfortunately, after 18 to 24 months, termites can do over $3,000 worth of damage to your property. That’s why it’s important to recognize the following signs and get out in front of a termite infestation:
- Mud tubes along foundation walls
- Clouds of swarmer termites flying on your property
- Shed wings of swarmer termites
- Visible damage to exposed wood
- Tightening around doors and windows
- Soft clicking noises within the walls
- Live termites eating away at fallen trees around the property
If you notice any of these signs, keep in mind that termite solutions that you can buy from the store will only eradicate a small portion of the infestation, leaving the rest of your home at risk. That’s why partnering with an Advanced Pest Control termite expert is the best way to protect your home and equity. Give us a call today for a free estimate on our termite inspections and prevention systems.