Hot Springs Homeowners' Ultimate Mosquito Prevention Guide
June 02, 2021 - Mosquitoes
One group of these difficult-to-control pests are mosquitoes, flying insects that require the consumption of human blood to survive. Although mosquitoes are a common part of life in Hot Springs, these pests aren't just annoying; they're dangerous, too.
In fact, professional etymologists equate mosquitoes with some of the most dangerous animals on the planet. These creatures are responsible for hundreds of thousands of deaths each year and spread a host of pathogens that may include:
- Zika virus
- West Nile virus
- Yellow fever
Mosquitoes can remove the peace of mind you once had on your property. However, proper mitigation and prevention steps will return your home to its former safety.
Preventing Mosquito Infestations In Hot Springs – What To Know
Some of the most common factors that attract mosquitoes are:
- A high amount of moisture around your yard. Stagnant water, in particular, can attract breeding colonies.
- Tall grasses, overgrown shrubs, or thick trees.
- Shady areas where they can rest.
The control of dense mosquito populations can be difficult, especially for local homeowners. Fortunately, there are some helpful ways to reduce mosquito attractant factors around your Hot Springs property.
- Do what you can to remove all standing water from the property, such as potholes, drainage ditches, birdbaths, water fountains, and stagnant ponds.
- Be sure to address any other drainage issues in the lawn, and ensure that your gutters are free and clear of clogs.
- Wear light-colored clothing while outside, and tuck your pants into your socks for added protection.
- Use a fan to blow air around the feet and legs of outdoor guests. Mosquitoes do not have a strong flying ability and will not be able to break through a stiff breeze to attack your guests.
- Try and avoid certain areas of the yard during certain times of the day. For example, early mornings and late afternoons create cooler temperatures, which will make mosquitoes more active. You may further reduce the mosquito's tendency to congregate by cutting back all harborage zones in the area (cutting grass, trimming bushes, and pruning trees).
If you still find yourself battling mosquitoes, a professional abatement service may be necessary. Schedule a no-obligation mosquito inspection and servicing through the pros at Advanced Pest Control.
Effective Mosquito Control Programs With Advanced Pest Control
Many homeowners in the Hot Springs area have attempted to control mosquito populations on their own, often with little success. That's why assistance from the professionals at Advanced Pest Control is the best and most cost-efficient method of extermination in Hot Springs.
Since 2005, the mosquito prevention efforts of Advanced Pest Control have offered mosquito abatement services for home and business owners alike. Our approach to mosquito control sets us apart from our competition, as we strive to meet and exceed your expectations with every treatment. Best of all, if you aren't 100% satisfied with your mosquito abatement services, Advanced Pest Control will return to fix the problem for you!
Learn more about total mosquito control in Hot Springs through a professionally vetted company. Advanced Pest Control is standing by to take your call at any time.
Reach out to us today to learn more about our commercial pest control services in Hot Springs, AR.